What does "Savings" mean in the budget progress bar?

Options
dexmom
dexmom Member ✭✭
I have a "budget" that tracks only actuals. I use it as a cash flow report. All of my line items have $0 for the budget. I use the Annual View and Actuals Only options at the top. The budget progress bar correctly shows my spending year-to-date, but at the far right, the progress bar shows Savings. I do not have any savings goals, and this number doesn't tie to my savings accounts. What does this Savings number mean? Where does it come from?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hover/click your cursor over the progress bar between the Budget and Savings and it will show you that it means Budgeted Income - Budgeted.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hover/click your cursor over the progress bar between the Budget and Savings and it will show you that it means Budgeted Income - Budgeted.

• dexmom
    dexmom Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Thanks Bob_L. I also found that even though I am only tracking actuals and have $0 budgets for all income and expense categories, when I add a category, Quicken creates a budget amount for that category for the remaining months of the year. When I deleted all the budget amounts, the progress bar made much more sense to me.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That shouldn't happen, and I could not duplicate it in a quick test. Budgeting has had lots of problems so could be another one? If you are syncing to the cloud you may want to try turning that off.

This discussion has been closed.