Can't add T to brokerage account. EasyAction cannot be applied to ESPP security type.

Options
Jim13@
Jim13@ Member ✭✭✭
I'm trying to add a stock, T, to a new brokerage account to add new shares. However, when it shows me the information for the stock and I click done, the window just disappears. If I try to add it via New Transaction, it gives me an error: The selected EasyAction cannot be applied to ESPP security type.

Any idea why I can't add T to my new brokerage account?
Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you created AT&T (symbol T) in your security list before trying to add it to the account?

Also it's somewhat unlikely that the ESPP shs would have the same characteristics as the stock. Dbl-check that

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim13@
    Jim13@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Have you created AT&T (symbol T) in your security list before trying to add it to the account?

Yes, it's actually in there twice, once as AT&T ESPP (Type ESPP) and once as AT&T Inc (Type Stock). I did have ESPP shares many years ago but not for a while. The delete button is greyed out for AT&T ESPP, so I can't remove it.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You cannot add a new security to Quicken when that security already exists in Quicken.

Your Add Shares (or Buy Shares) should refer to the existing AT&T Inc security already in Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.