Not connecting to Paypal CC?

Options
Kroth
Kroth Member ✭✭

Anyone else having issues with quicken connecting to paypal CC? Issue started 5/31

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are experiencing this issue.

We do now have an active alert regarding online banking errors with PayPal Credit, MasterCard, and Crypto. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. If you do not see the option to bookmark, please make sure that you are signed into the Quicken Community.

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Slick8791
    Slick8791 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

> @JoeyMaggard said:
    > PayPal Credit transactions have not downloaded since March. And today Quicken would not connect to US Bank.

Same problem on my end. I cannot link/add Paypal Credit account. I even tried creating a brand new Quicken file and it was unable to find it in the setup wizard.

[Merged Post]

• flubyu2
    flubyu2 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

just comes back with trya again now or download transactions manually. Downloaded all other financial institutions ok.

[Merged Post]

• flubyu2
    flubyu2 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yes, I am………

[Merged Post]

• Timothy A Wagner
    Timothy A Wagner Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I am using Quicken on Windows PC and am having the same issues. Just stopped and errors out for about a week now.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @Slick8791,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Could you please provide more information on the issue you're running into? Is it not giving you the option to select "PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto" so that you can try to add/link the account?

Are you getting any error messages or error codes when you try to add or link?

Thank you.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Kroth and @flubyu2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, are you unable to connect to the financial institution, or is it connected, but not able to download? If the issue you're encountering is that it won't download, that issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you.

(Ticket #10205021/CTP-6508)

Quicken Kristina

• Charlie Davies
    Charlie Davies Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I'm having the same issue. It appears that we're no longer able to connect. I tried adding my PayPal MC as a new account and end up getting the same response as if I were doing a One Step Update.

• NTK2
    NTK2 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Having the same problem for the past 3 days. Have tried to deactivate/reactivate online access. Get the following when I try to re-add or re-connect.

Error: "Quicken is having trouble connecting to PayPal, MasterCard and Crypto".

Windows Version: R49.33 Build 27.1.49.33

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @Charlie Davies,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you getting any specific error messages or error codes when trying to add the account? Is so, would you be able to post a screenshot of the message or code you are receiving (with any personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

If there are no error messages or codes, could you please describe exactly what is happening?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @NTK2,

Thank you for joining the discussion. If possible, could you please post a screenshot of the error message (with any personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello @Timothy A Wagner,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What error message and/or error code are you receiving? Are you able to post a screenshot of the error message (with any personal information blurred or obscured)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Kristina

• Charlie Davies
    Options

Regardless of the method we use to update the account, we are presented with a response dialog "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)".

It offers us two options; 1) Try again or 2) Enter transactions manually.

The connector is broken. Fix it!

• Quicken Kristina
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) screenshots and a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

(CTP-6926)

Quicken Kristina

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue for about a week now with PayPal Credit and PayPal Mastercard.

• aknbean
    aknbean Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

The same for me since last week. While I receive a 2-step verification code from PayPal, I continue receiving the error window as in my screenshot. After reading the previous posts in the community, I can only believe it will be sorted out. Yet I wanted to share my screenshot.

[Merged Post]

• geyerdm
    geyerdm Member
    Options

Been working fine since 5/2022 till 5/31/2023 and failed. I tried to deactivate/ reactivate, and it does this:

then when that times out

I called Paypal and after several departments and numbers they said all looks good on their side. I guess I can only wait and hope it gets resolved

• JD12
    JD12 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Paypal: update has not worked for several days, deleted one step and tried to reestablish connection, now quicken servers cannot connect to paypal, or paypal credit

[Merged Post]

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue for over a week now.

[Merged Post]

• JD12
    JD12 Member
    Options

Same issue as stated above with one step and individual account update for paypal or paypal credit. The normal refresh account, delete account and add new account just resulted in quicken servers saying they can not connect, any thing available except computer generated response

• Wildfire41
    Wildfire41 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been having the same problem for a week. This is the screen I get.

I did EVERYTHING in the instructions. I even rebooted my computer SEVERAL times. This problem persists. Please fix!!!!

• africabushpilot
    africabushpilot Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Same going on here, for several days.
  • erwiest
    erwiest Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issues. I called Synchrony, who (whether credibly or not) put everything onto Quicken.
  • spau0016
    spau0016 Member
    Options

Ssssaaaaammmmeeee…

And I've done everything that has been recommended in various posts and/or blogs. There has been no update to this community alert for a month now.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are experiencing this issue.

We do now have an active alert regarding online banking errors with PayPal Credit, MasterCard, and Crypto. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. If you do not see the option to bookmark, please make sure that you are signed into the Quicken Community.

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cdodsonva
    cdodsonva Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue for over a week now. Please update the community as to actions being taken to correct this problem, along with an ETA.
  • underdog10
    underdog10 Member
    Options

Same issue as all of the others ……. FIX IT

• Ron
    Ron Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Screen shot included

[Merged Post]

• HDR
    HDR Member
    Options

Same problem with two Paypal accounts that have worked faithfully. I've been forced by the program to add the accounts again and get the same message — It tells me its not my fault. No screenshot but the same as the others.

• Borgtrekker259
    Options

Same here… This needs to be resolved now!!!

• Charlie Davies
    edited June 2023
    Options

I was on the phone with customer support just now. The issue is being worked by the backend folks. [Removed - Speculation/Rant]

This discussion has been closed.