Unable to reactivate online access for DiscoverBank account

Options
EmKay
EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭

Because I wasn't getting new transactions downloaded from Discover Bank I (made the mistake of) trying to "reset?" (I think) the account. This didn't work, so I was left trying to reactivate online access. I'm getting repeated "Discover Bank needs you to authorize your accounts" followed by "Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or connection error."

What's my next step, please?

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @EmKay,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RoyG2023
    RoyG2023 Member
    Options

I have this problem with Discover Bank too. I was able to reset my Discover Card account, but not Discover Bank, which uses a different url. Is anyone at Quicken actually working on this? From the posts, it doesn't look like it.

• bcsteves
    bcsteves Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This has been going on for a month now. I don't understand why it is taking so long to fix. The ability to connect and download is an essential function of Quicken.

Please provide us with an updated status of the issue repair.

Thank you

• EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Quicken Anja The last update on the post you suggested was May 23. I still cannot download transactions from my Discover Bank account due to the re-authentication process immediately "timing out." Please have whomever was working on this issue provide us with an update!

UPDATE: This is really weird - I just realized that the CD accounts that I have with Discover Bank ARE getting updates thru One Step Update… It's just my savings account that's not working…

• EmKay
    EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, this is disappointing. I messaged Discover Bank today to ask if they could do anything about this and (despite the fact that some of my accounts are still connecting) here's their response:

Thank you for your being a valued Discover customer. I understand your concern regarding being able to import your transactions using the Quicken or QuickBooks software.

Unfortunately, Quicken and QuickBooks software is no longer supported. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
    You are able to access your transactions anytime through your online account center by clicking on your Activity under your account details. You are also able to download the transaction history in an Excel or CSV file.

Any questions concerning Quicken or QuickBooks products can be address directly to the financial software provider (either www.Quicken.com or www.Intuit.com).

Quicken - what gives?

This discussion has been closed.