Quicken Website

Options
Is the Quicken website down? After entering my login credentials all I get is the endless circle.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
    For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
    If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    • In older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices.
    Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
    Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC
    • Please let us know which of the above solved your problem.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just tried - and did the Sign In - all good -

https://www.quicken.com/

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Stan Kardonsky
    Stan Kardonsky Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. Was on the phone with customer service for more than two hours. My Quicken for Windows wouldn't open any of my data files.

Went to check with the Quicken Community but could only post the question you responded to. Couldn't log in. Tried to log into Quicken.com .. no luck. Checked the Quicken app on my Android .. couldn't get to the data files.

With the Quicken service rep, tried pretty much everything suggested by UKR. No luck.

When I pointed out the unlikely coincidence of the Quicken website being down.she first said there was no linkage. Then later, when I again told her, she said she would "note" it . Then the third time that she would pass it on up the chain.

By the end of the conversation (because I had to leave), she had elevated the problem to the "fourth level".

I guess the linkage of Quicken to the website is a rather arcane part of the technology. Apparently, Quicken checks with the online data base to validate login credentials.

Somebody needs to let the tech support staff know that.

BTW, Leslie, the tech support agent was friendly, articulate, and helpful. She was just missing a crucial piece of information.
This discussion has been closed.