Add Certificate of Deposit to Quicken Mac

Options
1200flasher
1200flasher Member ✭✭
I think this should be easy, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a bank Certificate of Deposit to Quicken for Mac. I'd like it to show up on the "All Transactions" sidebar. Does the set up show the maturity date and how do I fund it from an existing bank account.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

My CD with a local Credit Union is defined and connected as a Savings Account.
    I created it with a $0.00 Opening Balance and then transferred the amount "invested" into it from my Savings account.
    In my Quicken for Windows, the account register looks like this

The Maturity Date could be recorded in the Account Name or in the account definition's Memo field. I chose to put it in the Transfer transaction's Memo text. There's no other place to record and show the maturity date.
    You may want to set up a Reminder Transaction, due on the Maturity Date, to transfer money plus accumulated interest back to where it came from. The bank will be in touch prior to the maturity date about reinvesting the money.
    The first month's interest transaction downloaded correctly from the CU and is also shown above.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

My CD with a local Credit Union is defined and connected as a Savings Account.
    I created it with a $0.00 Opening Balance and then transferred the amount "invested" into it from my Savings account.
    In my Quicken for Windows, the account register looks like this

The Maturity Date could be recorded in the Account Name or in the account definition's Memo field. I chose to put it in the Transfer transaction's Memo text. There's no other place to record and show the maturity date.
    You may want to set up a Reminder Transaction, due on the Maturity Date, to transfer money plus accumulated interest back to where it came from. The bank will be in touch prior to the maturity date about reinvesting the money.
    The first month's interest transaction downloaded correctly from the CU and is also shown above.

• 1200flasher
    1200flasher Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. It works for me.
This discussion has been closed.