Unable to transfer shares. What should I try? Thanks to you.

Options
airgead
airgead Member
edited July 2023 in Investing (Mac)

MacBook Pro. - OS Ventura 13.4 - Quicken v 7.0.4 (Build 700.48787.100)

In the past I have been very impressed with the feature which allows for shares to be transferred from one account to another, for example when transferring shares from a brokerage account over to be held in DRS at the transfer agent.  This was a helpful feature.  But lately, since Ventura, I am having issues.  Was hoping that a new update would fix this problem but this is not to be.  Now I am no longer able to remove shares either.  Now I’m a bit stuck.

I attempt to transfer shares as I was able previously…

I open the window for the brokerage account, select “New” at the bottom for a new transaction.  Enter the date, then in the drop down under “TYPE” I select Transfer Shares.  Tab over to the security drop down and select the Security.   The security name appears in the window of “Security”.  I have selected the security I wish to transfer.  “Shares to Transfer” is automatically populated with the correct value of total shares owned for that security.  I select “Transfer to Account” with the destination account.  Memo auto populates to describe the transaction.  I click the “Save” button….

A pop up window appears.. “No “Security” selected.  To transfer shares of one security, select a security from the “Security” list.”  I click the “OK” button.  The window of the register appears again.  The transaction type appears as “Remove shares”.  The Security area is blank.  And the description is 0 shares. 

Can anyone help?  Many thanks.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I tried but was unable to replicate this issue. I'd suggest you click menu Help > Report a problem, copy/paste what you've said here and included a couple screenshots. However, you won't get any feedback from doing that.

So, I'd also suggest you contact Quicken Support so they can screen share and you can demonstrate to them what appears to be a bug.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.