Download All Transactions on a Re-Added Account?

Options
FortyEightFan
FortyEightFan Member ✭✭
I removed and then added back an online 401k account. The account added fine but will not download all my previous transaction history. Usually, when adding a new account, Quicken downloads all transaction history. This account appears to remember the previous account history and only looks for new transactions. Is there a way to reset this or delete the account so it doesn't save an index to the previous history?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

You are correct that Quicken remembers previously downloaded transactions and won't download them again.

I'm not sure if deleting the account (menu Accounts > Delete Account) will clear the history when you re-add the account as a new account. If not…

Another way to address this would be to create a new file (menu File > New) in which you create this one account, then download the transactions. They should download fine since this is a new file.

Then export the file as a Quicken Transfer File (QXF) [note the X before the F]. Then open your regular file and import as Quicken Windows File (QXF). The import/export commands are in the File menu. This should import this account together with it's downloaded transactions.

Keep in mind that most accounts will only download at most the last 90 days of transaction history.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • FortyEightFan
    FortyEightFan Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I go to Account Settings, Downloads, and set the "Download transactions starting" date to something in the far past, it still does not download all my prior transactions.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

No, you can only download transactions as far back as the bank will provide, which is really never more than 90 days worth. Setting that date earlier will not result in any more transactions downloading. I mentioned this in my post above.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.