error during "update all accounts"

Options
ranamaska
ranamaska Member ✭✭
Quicken has started to attempt to update two closed accounts.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

First thing I'd check is to open the account's settings (menu Accounts > Settings) and see if the Downloads tab is present. If so, is there the option to Disconnect Account?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • ranamaska
    ranamaska Member ✭✭
    Options
    No download tab present.---option to disconnect?? contact the institution??
  • RickO
    Options

The option to disconnect would be in the Download tab. With no Download tab, that won't be an option.

If you pull up menu Window > Connection Status, is the account listed there from the last Update All Accounts attempt? If not, what is the clue that it is trying to be downloaded?

I don't think contacting the institution is going to be of any help. Instead, I'd suggest contacting Quicken Support so they can screen share and see what's happening live.

One other thing to try: make a COPY of your data file with a unique name. Open it and delete the problem account. Then Update All Accounts and hopefully the issue is resolved (temporarily).

I realize that this is not a final solution since you don't want to lose the account history. If so, then there is a process we can use to delete the account and then restore it which would hopefully resolve the issue. If this test is successful, let me know and I'll walk thru that.

• ranamaska
    ranamaska Member ✭✭
    Options
    neither of the two accounts are listed under the connection status. CLUES: Recent account closed shows a balance next to the name in the closed accounts list. The other keeps popping an error that quicken could not complete a download.
  • RickO
    Options

I'm kinda stumped. I can think of only two options: (1) contact Quicken Support, and (2) try the account deletion test I mentioned above, and if that works, then we can go thru the process of deleting and re-adding the accounts to the file (assuming just deleting the accounts is a solution that won't work for you).

• RickO
    Options

One other long shot: go to Quicken > Settings > Connected Services. Then click the Reset button. This will overwrite the cloud data with current file data. I really have no reason to think this will work, but couldn't hurt to try.

• ranamaska
    ranamaska Member ✭✭
    Options
    No joy on the reset button. same result.
    I did send the error messages to Quicken support. waiting......
  • ranamaska
    ranamaska Member ✭✭
    Options
    quicken version update just dropped - tried account update after - no errors!
    coincidence?
    one account still shows a balance in stead of "closed" in the hidden account list
    we'll see what support has to say.......
This discussion has been closed.