Is there a way to use existing transactions posted to Quicken to autofill the Bills & Income tab?

Options

I created a new file for my banking and credit cards. The prior one was too cumbersome and out of balance, so I started fresh. Can I autofill Bills & Income based on my historic spending as shown on my bank and credit cards? There is about six months of data on the new account. Or do I have to enter each item one by one?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have transactions in your register which are properly named and categorized already, you can create Scheduled Reminders from these transactions.
    Right-click one of these register transactions and select "Add reminder" from the popup menu.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is an automation for finding transactions that could be reminders. Go to menu Tools | Manage Bill & Income Reminders. In the Bill and Income Reminders window, click Options | Suggest Reminders | Suggest Reminders Based On My Past Activity.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Janet M
    Janet M Member
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion. However, the response was a pop up window that says "Quicken did not find any recurring transactions other than the ones you already have scheduled". So it didn't accomplish what I wanted. I know I can enter them into the Bills/Bills & Income tab, but was hoping to avoid all that manual entry.

This discussion has been closed.