"Everything Else" in budget

Options
Mike_O
Mike_O Member

Hi all,

At times, the budget populates the "Everything Else" category and changes the balances and Totals, although the actual line items are correct. any thoughts? Thanks.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Quicken is recognizing an actual income/expense item posted that is not included in your budgeted categories. You can see what is in Everything Else by clicking on the left "+".

The items in this example are categories I have chosen not to include in my monthly budget. I can either leave them for the month as Everything Else or if I know there will be further postings in future months, add the category to the monthly budget using the "Manage Budget Categories" on the upper right.

• Mike_O
    Mike_O Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply GeoffG. The issue is the amounts Quicken shows as my budget, while I did not enter those amounts. In fact, I can delete the amounts shown as the budget (not the actual) and everything is then correct. Basically, Quicken decides that I need these budgets and places them as budget numbers under "Everything Else".

• rwtemple512
    rwtemple512 Member
    Options

I am having the exact same issue. For me, I have budgets for Utilties:Gas, Utilities:Electric, Utilities:Streaming, etc. Quicken keeps adding an Everything Else budget of about $700. I delete it each time I see it, but then when I close and reopen Quicken, it is back in the exact same amount. I don't know what else to do?!

• Mike_O
    Mike_O Member
    Options

I think I have found the issue. The problem seems to have gone away after I stopped syncing with the Quicken Cloud. Just make sure your data does not sync automatically.

This discussion has been closed.