Maturity Dates for Bonds/CD'S

Options
Gary R
Gary R Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I just ran a report for maturity dates for bonds/CD's and noticed that many of my bonds still show the maturity date even though they were sold before maturity.

Actually, I sold a lot of bonds/CD's before maturity in the past six months, they are hidden in my security view, but no way to hide them in this report.

Any ideas?

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

That is a known issue also identified in this idea some 5-years ago. If I recall correctly, some have suggested for your situation that you can alter the maturity date for those sold bonds to a date in the past. That will get them eliminated from the report. A kludgy workaround.

• Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Brilliant idea!!!!!Bravo!!!!!!I just changed the maturity on a few already to 6/9/2023 and they no longer show up on the reports.

Perfect!!!!! Now I just have to go over all the bonds sold, change the dates, and they will be gone forever from the report.

Thank y

Honestly, I would have never thought of that fix in a million years.

• Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, that sure sounded like a good idea until I ran a capital gains report this year for CD's and Bonds sold. I swear, I have over 50

It's just going to be too much work to search each number and change the maturity date .

This could take me a couple days—-LOL

• Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OH BOY!!!!!!!Just found my answer—-Very Simple

I must have missed "Maturity date" in the register when you customize your view. I just show my current holdings by security type, market value, and maturity date. Perfect! This is what I needed and it's there in front of my face.—-LOL

Now I can see my bonds, CD's, and Treasuries listed in order off Maturity dates.

This discussion has been closed.