One security does not display in portfolio view

Options
Rick  B
Rick B Member ✭✭

I have one security , ( A GIC) that no longer displays in portfolio view . It is in the securities list and it was displayed in the past but no longer. I have tried signing in and out , validating the file . changing the maturity date to future date ( it had matured ). Changing the name of the security , Adding a fake interest payment so there would be a balance . ….

It shows properly in investment reports .

Running out of ideas any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Best Answer

• Rick  B
    Rick B Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

That fixed it ! I did not have closed lots selected .

Thank you very much , not sure why the other securities were being shown but that is not an issue

Thanks Again

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you click on Customize in the Portfolio view then click on the Securities tab, is the security selected?

Also if the value of the holding is currently zero, it will not be included in the Portfolio views. This will happen if you no longer hold any shares or if the share price is zero.

Try changing the As of date in the Portfolio view to a date when the holding was displayed correctly. If it is displayed for the earlier date, were the shares sold or removed since then?

Or click on the security name to see the Security Detail view. Click on More and edit the price history. Has the price been set to zero?

Please let us know what you find.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Rick  B
    Rick B Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you very much Jim

Changing the date to an earlier date worked. I am curious though , all other holdings that I no longer own still show in portfolio view . The reason that this is a concern is that the $ amount return in portfolio view is now incorrect, it is off by the exact amount or that holding . Oddly the % returns match . In any event thanks again for your help .

• Jim_Harman
    Options

Let me make sure I understand this:

In an Investing > Portfolio view, the security and the account where you hold it are included in the view

You have not sold or removed the security and the quote is not zero, so it should have a value in your portfolio today.

Prior to some date, the security is included in the view but after that date it disappears.

Do I have that correct?

If you go to the account where you hold the security and click on Holdings, is it always present there, or does it come and go on the same date as in the Portfolio view?

• Rick  B
    Rick B Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you JIm

I have sold the security. your initial thoughts were correct . It is present in the account history . And investment reports work properly .

This security no longer shows in portfolio view. The $ amount returns shown in portfolio view are now short by that amount .

For some reason other securities that I have sold still show in portfolio view .

• Jim_Harman
    Options

OK, thanks for clarifying.

The default for portfolio views is to not show closed positions. You can change this by clicking on the gear at the top right of the view and selecting Show closed lots. This setting affects all Portfolio views.

It sounds like for you the closed lots are being shown for all but one of your securities. What is your current setting for that option?

• Rick  B
    Rick B Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

That fixed it ! I did not have closed lots selected .

Thank you very much , not sure why the other securities were being shown but that is not an issue

Thanks Again

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is it possibly because when you sold the securities there was a tiny bit remaining due to rounding error? This can happen if don't use the "sell all units" feature and let quicken select the number of units and allow Quicken to use its number.

• Rick  B
    Rick B Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks I always use sell all when I exit a position . No need to spend more time on this for my sake , my problem has been resolved.
    I appreciate your help .
This discussion has been closed.