Why do I need to sign in with my quicken.com user ID and password every time I open Quicken?

Options

In the last few days, every time I open Quicken it asks my quicken.com user ID and password. This is very annoying.

I have a static IP

I use Quicken on only one computer

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken

I have done several times as other posts on this subject suggest, Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > sign out and sign back in

I have validated my data files via hold CTRL File > Validate & Repair File > Validate File / Authentication Block will be fixed

Can't find the precise steps but have made sure that Quicken is an allowed app in Windows Defender

What can I do to fix this problem? Please no replies suggesting any of the above, I really need a real fix as my password is rather lengthy and requires a copy/paste from my password manager.

Answers

• HarpHauler
    HarpHauler Member ✭✭
    Options

Additional Info:

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property

Version R50.8

Build: 27.1.50.8

• JB_105
    JB_105 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This has happened to me as well over the last few days although just twice over the course of several times opening Quicken. Just started after updating to R50.8.
  • wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with R50.8 on Windows 11. Extremely annoying.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For me, the problem has gone away after installing the R 50.8 update patch.
    I also rebooted Windows since then. Afterwards started Quicken and entered Quicken ID password one last time. Have started Quicken several times since then, without need for password.
    So, I'm not sure who fixed what when and where … and I better not talk so loud. Murphy might hear me … 😃

• wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you - rebooting Windows seems to have fixed it for me as well...
  • HarpHauler
    HarpHauler Member ✭✭
    Options

I both restarted Windows and powered down, then restarted Windows several times throughout my troubleshooting process. The problem remains. Is there a way to downgrade Quicken by a version to determine if the latest update may be responsible for this?

• wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Spoke too soon. Quicken opened the first time after rebooting, but subsequent times is asking for my QuickenID and password.
  • Professor58
    Professor58 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I’m having the same issue of requiring to enter QuickenID and password every time I open Quicken
  • wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options

I was hoping 50.13 addressed the problem, but it's still here.

• HarpHauler
    HarpHauler Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Likewise the problem persists for me with R50.13. So very annoying

• bluewood4321
    bluewood4321 Member
    Options

This recent update fixed it for me.

• bluewood4321
    bluewood4321 Member
    Options

Updating my comment from 6/26/2023:

Installed the update on the 25th, corrected the problem through the 27th.

6/28/2023 problem returned. I'll update my quicken support ticket.

• wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options

Now running 50.15 and haven't seen any problems. Fingers crossed.

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Installed 50.15 this morning, haven't had to sign in to Quicken ID today, but still unable to connect to Discover Card, Pentagon Federal, Lake Michigan, and Georgia's Own credit union.

wags Glad to be here!

• bluewood4321
    bluewood4321 Member
    Options

update my last comment from 6/28/2023.

Had to restart my PC for unrelated windows updates.

No problems logging on to Quicken since.

• HarpHauler
    HarpHauler Member ✭✭
    Options

Well darn, after update to R50.15 I didn't have to log in yesterday. After a windows update reboot, I had to sign in again a few minutes ago. I was cautiously optimistic…

• wrldtvlr
    wrldtvlr Member ✭✭
    Options

I've had a Windows update and several reboots with R50.15. So far, so good. Maybe the problem is on the Quicken server side.

• HarpHauler
    HarpHauler Member ✭✭
    Options

And/or maybe it's time for me to try the sign out / sign in fix again.

• HarpHauler
    HarpHauler Member ✭✭
    Options

Is still happening with this morning's (7-6-2023) update to R50.16.

• moved_from_money
    moved_from_money Member ✭✭
    Options

Happening to me as well - what is worse, it is not consistent. In addition once it showed that it was trying to 'sych with quicken cloud' - something I definitely did not sign up to. Sounds like a major error in a minor update!

• HarpHauler
    HarpHauler Member ✭✭
    Options

Has anyone received the following email from Quicken regarding this issue? While I don't believe it to be a scam, I am hesitant to again go through every previously proposed fix, reboot, reboot again perhaps, only to have the issue rare its ugly head the next day.

"Dear Quicken User,

I am Kuldeep and I work with Quicken Product Development team. We have been informed that you’re encountering the issue of frequent sign in prompt with Quicken upon launch.

We have not observed this issue internally before or after R50 release hence I want to work with you to debug this and identify the root cause. If you’re available to meet, then kindly share your availability schedule so I can send you meeting invite.

Note: Please share the time slot starting from 20:30 to 8:30 AM PST, Monday-Friday.

Thanks!
    -- 

Regards,
    Kuldeep

This discussion has been closed.