Reconciliation of Credit Card

Options
QuickPeter
QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭

Has anyone recently had a problem reconciling an account?

I ask, and note that Land Shark on 29 May raises a similar question ("Reconciliation Issues? My account will not reconcile! Is there a bug?"), because I accepted the mother of an adjustment (£333.54) to my Credit Card account the other day.

Quicken Balance was £47.50; Statement Balance was £381.04; "Difference" was therefore £333.54

Before I start investigating or even "unclear" the subject transactions and start the whole reconciliation again, I thought it was a good idea to check if other fellow users had had any problems.

QuickPeter

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you recently have to deactivate/reactivate this account register?
    It has been reported that this process may mess up the account's Opening Balance transaction, either by itself or hand-in-hand with a messed up Sync to Mobile process.
    Check the Opening Balance (OB) transaction and see if it's off. You may have to restore an old backup of your data file to a different file name and look at the OB transaction. If it's different, note the amount and update the OB in your current data file. That resolved an unexpected out of balance issue in one of my accounts.

• QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    Options

UKR, this is interesting, although I'm not using Quicken on my mobile phone.

I don't understand, "Did you recently have to deactivate/reactivate this account register?"

In what circumstances would you need to deactivate/reactivate?

Thanks, QuickPeter

• QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    Options

UKR, that's interesting but I don't understand "Did you recently have to deactivate/reactivate this account register?"

Can you expand on that please.

I'm not using my mobile phone with Quicken, if that's what you meant.

I had not thought of " … You may have to restore an old backup of your data file …". Good idea, although I'm lucky enough to have never needing to do that. A bit out of my comfort zone … !

I'll have a closer look at what Land Shark said on 29 May too.

Thanks, QuickPeter

This discussion has been closed.