why is Quicken getting so (apparently) fussy

Options

While, in general, I appreciate all the concerns regarding privacy, security and the like, it is becoming annoying that as a single user of Quicken for Windows, of late, the repeated annoying requests to sign into my product. I mean, once in a while is fine, but 6 times in a week????? And this trend has been noticeable for months now as you have undertaken all the various transitions of various banks to "newer" supposedly more stable connections (with the exception of Synchrony for Sam's which has NEVER worked correctly); is all of this repeated requests really necessary???

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is Q asking you to sign-in when you start Q … or when? What are you doing when you're asked to sign-in?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• DavidFBailey
    DavidFBailey Member ✭✭
    Options

Q asks me to sign in when i open the app; it used to be very infrequently but it seems it is becoming more and more frequent; no one else uses my app but me; it is just annoying that it "assumes" i need to sign in this frequently;

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you password protected your Q data file? Could the password be what it's asking for?

Because, otherwise, there is no sign-in for Q desktop.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• HarpHauler
    HarpHauler Member ✭✭
    Options

I have likewise asked the same or similar question in a related thread, "Why do I need to sign in with my quicken.com user ID and password every time I open Quicken?" No solutions yet. It's so very annoying

This discussion has been closed.