Latest Patch messes up Budgets

Options
Jacob_W
Jacob_W Unconfirmed, Member

It appears that the latest patch (this has happened prior, too) 100% reset my budgets, and all the categories were removed. I attempted to add these categories again, but Quicken did not put in my saved amounts I have been using for 6 months, but rather averages from last year.

All my reports are broken. I also do not recall my amounts, how do I fix this? How do I prevent Quicken from breaking my budgets (or other things) when I cannot use it without agreeing to the updates.

Comments

• FFRacer
    FFRacer Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can only echo that this same kind of issue has occurred to me today. about 90% of my 2023 budget categories (I have about 80 or so) disappeared altogether; those that remain mostly lack both the monthly budget amout and also the corresponding actuals. I also experienced this issue in a prior update (wish I could recall the resolution process). These are key processes for my live financial controls every day/week; needs help!!
  • FFRacer
    FFRacer Member ✭✭
    Options
    I resolved this the hard way -- Restored a backup from a week earlier which was BEFORE I had updated Q software to a "50.XX" level. Using this pre-update data file with the updated software I had all of my budget categories back. But, about 50% of the monthly budget amounts were incorrect, possibly with values carried over from 2022 instead of new amounts I had put in for 2023. So, had to re-enter many budgets from January and verify the Rollover totals for all budgeted categories. Then, run an Update to get all transactions from the date of the backup through yesterday and validate all that. Finally need to re-enter some future transactions I had posted so I can monitor future cash flows. Net - about 10-12 hours of work. Big waste of time from an Update that processed incorrectly. Holding my breadth that it doesn't go wacky again...
  • Jacob_W
    Options

100%. This is still not fixed two weeks later. I agree with the previous posted that this has happened to me twice recently. All my budgets (and therefore 100% of my reports) are all wrong. I am very angry. How can a cloud synch or my data synch be messed up like this unless Quicken is doing something with it?

I really do not have the time it will take to 100% reenter all of these data. It is not okay that this happened.

@Quicken for Windows, please respond.

• Jacob_W
    Options

At the very least, Quicken, You must give people the option to update their software without updating it if they elect or at least let them backup prior to the update/data override. This is basic data synch customer experiences.

• tcdessj
    tcdessj Member ✭✭
    Options

I've reset my budget categories and amounts multiple times to no avail. I even restored an older backup from before this problem started and reset everything again. It was fine for a few days but as soon as I was forced to update, it is back to being a mess. I use the budget feature practically every day. Has there been any word on a fix for this?

This discussion has been closed.