Certificates of Deposit. How does Quicken support?

I recently moved some savings into a couple of CDs. Wow. Did not expect the apparent lack of support for these in Quicken.
Did I do something wrong? I was able to enter them as a Security. But they don't seem to show up on reports, net worth etc. They seem invisible.

No way to transfer $ from Savings to the CD. Can't see a way to value the CD.

Would be nice if there was better support and/or information in Quicken for CDs.

Please tell me I am blind or dumb and I have missed something obvious.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I answered the same question for another user.
    Please read

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

CDs are supported natively in QWin in only one way: as securities. This means they must be held in a brokerage account of some type. Set up this way, QWin understands maturity dates and can report on them. IMHO a savings account is the wrong way to represent a CD.

Did I do something wrong? I was able to enter them as a Security. But they don't seem to show up on reports, net worth etc. They seem invisible.

Yes, you must have done something wrong. My CDs show correctly in reports and net worth. Make sure each CD has a maturity date set in QWin as in the first screen shot above.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.