No downloads from Wells Fargo advisors

Options
bnc0123
bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭

Anyone else having trouble downloading investment transactions from Wells Fargo Advisors ??

Data was posted yesterday on the Wells Fargo site. No error messages when trying to download into Quicken. No trouble with Wells Fargo Bank ,1 transaction downloaded there. I am using Quicken R50.8 and Windows 10.

Comments

• Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    Options
    same as bnc0123 - no WF Advisors transactions downloaded Tues am June 13th. WF Bank is fine. I'm using Quicken R50.8 & Windows 10 as well.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bnc0123 and @Lou C,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

We do currently have an ongoing active alert regarding missing transactions with Wells Fargo. This could be contributing to the issues that you are experiencing. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. If you do not see the option to bookmark, please make sure that you are signed into the Quicken Community.

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm having the problem, too. I've bookmarked the alert page. Seems like a long time for an outage (6/7 and beyond).

• bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I talked to WF and Quicken. No one wants to take ownership of the problem. I’m very disappointed but not surprised 😲

• AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Update: Today, I had a few WF transactions download successfully but it skipped some between 6/7 and 6/13. Not good.

I downloaded a Quicken file from WF to try to import it (hoping to fill in the gaps), but that didn't fix it. Then I downloaded an Excel file, and interestingly, the missing transactions were there.

Yesterday, I downloaded a Quicken file from WF and tried to import that into a test file. The same transactions that were missing in my master file were missing in the test file. This confirmed my master file isn't corrupted.

My money is on Wells Fargo as the source of the problem.

• bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes my experience is similar. I still have some missing transactions from 6/12 which I will have to recreate manually. It’s definitely a WF problem.

• Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    Options
    same here as well. looks like all my transactions through 6/9 are there, as well as yesterday's transactions (6/13). pretty sure I'm only missing 6/12 - which is a hassle, because there were a lot of transactions that day that I'll have to manually enter - but at least it's only the 1 day and the file isn't corrupted, etc. hope we're past it now...
  • Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Jasmine - any update/comments from the Quicken side on this? just curious -
  • WVU_Larry
    WVU_Larry Member
    Options

Problem still exists today 6/15/2023. If I manually input missing transactions what happens when problem is resolved ?

• rgh22
    rgh22 Member ✭✭
    Options

On another thread, I described a phenomena regarding an OL-297-A error with Fidelity Investment accounts that started in March 2023. This same phenomena has now affected my accounts with E-Trade, TIAA, and Wells Fargo Advisors. They are all failing to update. Each update attempt results in the connection log file entries below.

• 20230615 21:47:47: QFN: Beginning send to https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/qw2800/fib.dll
    • 20230615 21:47:47: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67186457
    • 20230615 21:47:47: It was not possible to connect to the revocation server or a definitive response could not be obtained.
    • 20230615 21:49:04: QFN: End send to https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/qw2800/fib.dll, netstatus 36
    • 20230615 21:49:04:

Any insights would be appreciated. I have attempted all of the guidance suggested thus far with no positive outcome.

Thank you.

• Chuck_H
    Chuck_H Member ✭✭
    Options

I know this is a QFW forum but, I'm having the same issue with missing WFA transactions on my QFM file. The weird thing for me is that even though there are a number of missing downloaded transactions, all of the share balances are correct, but the cash balance is completely wrong.

This could very well could be a WFA issue, however I did just apply a Quicken update just about the time the problem started for me. I'm on Quicken for Mac Version 7.1.1 (Build 701.49349.100).

• dbranc
    dbranc Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Ditto- updates hangs up and "stop updates" does not function. The only way out is "end Task" in task manager.

I have q case # now on file with QUicken tech. Waiting for a Response. Lets see how this goes.

• rgh22
    rgh22 Member ✭✭
    Options

Today, my Quicken for Windows was updated to Version R50.14 HF3. The release notes stated "A 'Quicken Update Status' error occurred when customers attempted to update their investment accounts. This resulted in a system freeze, preventing further actions within Quicken."

I was hopeful that this release would have addressed the transaction downloading issue I am having with Wells Fargo Advisors as well as my inability to connect to Fidelity Investments to set up downloading. Unfortunately, this release does not address my OL-297-A issue. I hope that fix is forthcoming.

Could the Quicken staff on this board please inform us as to whether this is a Quicken for Windows (client-side) problem or if this is on the software implemented by the investment companies on their servers? I suspect it is the latter.

• Richard Sturgeon
    Richard Sturgeon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

In my case quicken has lost a Wells Fargo account.

This discussion has been closed.