Enter Transaction Button Does NoT Appear in Two Line Register Mode

Options
Bobcxtc
Bobcxtc Unconfirmed ✭✭✭

Only happens with one of my accounts out of many. Went to update the register this AM only to find the small green "save transaction" box on the lower right side missing in the two line view. Checked on line & found nothing. So, I went back and played around some more and when I go into one line view the "save transaction" box appears??

Anyone have any thoughts as to how to fix?? As I said, only in one register.

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Make sure the Balance column is showing in that register. That's where those 3 icons live.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

well for one thing you don't have a transaction selected. And your 2 line display doesn't show the next blank line waiting to be filled in like the 1 line image.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Bobcxtc
    Bobcxtc Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

Makes no difference. Save Transaction no showing in two line register view at all.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Make sure the Balance column is showing in that register. That's where those 3 icons live.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Bobcxtc
    Bobcxtc Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

OK, thank you. That fixed things right up. Just had to check the "ACTIONS BUTTON" in the Register Columns menu and right back in business.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for confirming the solution.

Thought I mention this, just in case:

Using Register Column Amount together with Charge and Payment Columns
    Does your account register show the Amount column together with Charge and Payment (or Payment and Deposit) columns? Is your one-line register looking a little crowded with all these columns?
    Depending on your personal preference you should use
    • either the traditional pair of Charge and Payment columns together
    • or the newer Amount column alone (where you have to enter negative amounts with a Minus sign and positive amounts with a plus sign)
    but you really don't need all three of them.
    Please decide which columns to use and remove the other one(s) from the view.
    Q Windows: To add / delete columns in your register click the Register Columns gear icon located next to the Balance column header.
    Q Mac: there's a Columns button at the bottom right of the register view

This discussion has been closed.