Memorizing Splits

hofer5
hofer5 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I have bills that I pay each month. CFor example, my Gas and Electric bill. When I pay that bill I enter a split transaction, with one line for each of two categories; one for gas, and one for electricity. I want to memorikze the split tansaction so that wshen I pay the bill next mionth, the categories are memorized and all i have to do is enter the correct amounts for that month.

That used to happen automatically, but now I can't figure out how to memorize a recurring transaction with memorized category splits.

😫How do I do that?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Try selecting a prior transaction and doing Ctrl+M to memorize it.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins Quicken Windows 2017 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

For bills I pay each month, I use reminders. My reminder for my gas and electric company bill has the split with lines for gas and electric. When I Enter the reminder each month, I adjust the amounts of each split line to match the bill.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I also use a Scheduled Reminder for that purpose. Here's how it is defined:

When PG&E emails me about a new bill being available, I record the reminder.
    To make Quicken properly match the downloaded ACH debit transaction in my checking account to the reminder transaction be sure to record the reminder before the due date, BEFORE the download arrives from the bank.

This discussion has been closed.