"Not Sure" (and others) category unusable? [SOLVED]

Options
tribbiani
tribbiani Member ✭✭

This is an odd one. In my categories list, I plainly see "Not Sure" and "Not Sure, Biz" as normal expense categories. However, in my transactions, neither one shows up in the dropdown, and if I try to add it (Quicken prompts me to add a new category), no changes are saved.

I'll add one more to this oddity: if I create a sub-category for "Not Sure", then both ("Not Sure" and its new subcategory) show up in the dropdown.

As I investigated more… there are vast numbers of categories that are marked "Unused" and which do not show up in the dropdown, cannot be added.

Is there a way to lock categories from being used or some other setting that I'm missing?

SOLVED:

Looks like this is a known Quicken bug (that for now likely will not be fixed). Namely, when you import from a Q\Win file, any category marked as hidden will get imported but will be completely locked from use, and (this is the MAJOR FAIL) it will look just like any normal usable Quicken category.

You have to delete the category, then re-created it. Then it is a normal usable Quicken category.

This discussion has been closed.