quicken register date format

Options
qrad
qrad Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Display/UI

Quicken uses the windows short date to display the date in the register column. I like to change the short date format in windows to include the day (Tuesday) in the task bar. Doing so messes up the date display in the Quicken register though. I see no way to get the right date in quicken register and also show the day in the task bar. Can Quicken find a way around that?

3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are posting an idea and asking a question. I can’t see Quicken changing their date format away from the Windows short date format. That dating is likely deeply imbedded in all aspects of the program. Even Windows broadening of their short date capabilities has been a challenge for Quicken to adapt. For best results, I still find mm/did/yy to work best.

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I agree that it is unlikely, but was asking anyway.

I got close: use "MMMM dd, yyyy dddd" as short date will give you "June 20, 2023 Tuesday" in the taskbar, that works, and "Jun202023" in the quicken register.

Not bad, but not what I'd like. (plus and minus in quicken will move date up/down one day in this format)

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Actually, Quicken will not accept that edited short date anyway when I tried to enter a new transaction, so back to square one.

• CobaltIgnite
    Options

I updated to Quicken Classic Deluxe 7.3.1 MacOS and the register displays the date per my system settings (YYYY-MM-DD), however when I edit an existing transaction or add a new transaction, the date entry changes to MM/DD/YYYY. This is frustrating and does not match my system preferences.