Unable to add Discover card--ongoing issue

Options
TomFR
TomFR Member ✭✭

There is a current alert — ONGOING 6/6/23 Discover Bank and Discover Card- Not able to Add/Update Accounts — that has been open since May 23, and the last update is two weeks ago. It would be nice to know that there is some sort of activity occurring about this issue. I'm getting really tired of having to manual enter transactions. Is there any update?

Best Answer

• TomFR
    TomFR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Never did get an answer. Behavior continued, that is to say, if I went into my Discover credit card account, attempted to set up online services for the previously connected account, it would time out, giving me a CC-501 error. This has been happening for weeks.

Just for the heck of it, I selected the "Add new account" by clicking the plus sign in the menu above the account list. When the dialog box came up allowing me to select a financial institution, I selected Discover. To my amazement, after asking for my credentials, Quicken successfully connected to Discover, discovered my account, and offered to link it to the existing account. I accepted that option, and voila! everything started to work again.

So, this request for help can be ignored, but I am still very disappointed in the lack of response from Quicken.

Answers

• cassel
    cassel Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same here. [Removed - Rant]

• TomFR
    TomFR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Never did get an answer. Behavior continued, that is to say, if I went into my Discover credit card account, attempted to set up online services for the previously connected account, it would time out, giving me a CC-501 error. This has been happening for weeks.

Just for the heck of it, I selected the "Add new account" by clicking the plus sign in the menu above the account list. When the dialog box came up allowing me to select a financial institution, I selected Discover. To my amazement, after asking for my credentials, Quicken successfully connected to Discover, discovered my account, and offered to link it to the existing account. I accepted that option, and voila! everything started to work again.

So, this request for help can be ignored, but I am still very disappointed in the lack of response from Quicken.

• Ray Hallman
    Ray Hallman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This issue also happened to me. Thanks, TomFR for posting your "for the heck of it" because that's what got it working for me.

• ArunBaheti
    ArunBaheti Member ✭✭
    Options

I am getting CC-501 even though my userID and pw word fine to get into Discover website. I don't want to delete the account and recreate it because I have years of transactions that include transfers/links to my checking account, so deleting this will likely screw up my other accounts inside of Quicken, right?

Just want the functionality turned back on…?

• TomFR
    TomFR Member ✭✭
    Options

What I did: (and I do not guarantee you will have the same results)

I had disabled online access to my Discover credit card account. When I attempted (multiple times) to reconnect I got the CC501 "Oops it's our problem" error. I then used the plus sign above the account lists to add a completely new account. When Quicken provided a list of companies I specified Discover. Quicken found the account and gave me the option to link it to the original account, which I accepted. I did not lose any transactions, and I was able to download new transactions from the Discover credit card account. I may have downloaded a duplicate transaction because I had been manually entering in the transactions from Discover's web page view. As I recall, I fixed that by deleting the duplicate.

This discussion has been closed.