how to Export a QIF file for investment transactions only

Options
gopackgo
gopackgo Member
edited July 2023 in Investing (Windows)

when i select a single investment account, and then export to qif, and only check the option for 'transactions only', the qif file created actually includes security list and older prices as well? It is not when created including just activity. Also, seems the date range includes older dates even tho not included, why might that be? I am running the latest release of Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Thanks for any help able to provide.

gpg

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What BUILD of Q are you running?

Because I'm running R50.8, and when I tried a QIF export of transactions for this year … it worked perfectly.

And I don't show an "activity" option, but Transactions", YES

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• gopackgo
    gopackgo Member
    Options

Thank you for your quick reply. I am running Quicken Deluxe, version R50.13 Build: 27.1.50.13

Yes, i was referring to exporting just transactions for the single account. when i do, it seems to group other accounts, older securities in the qif file created.

gpg

• gopackgo
    gopackgo Member
    Options

to help, i've attached an image for the qif export. not sure why, for the selected investment account, it is using a start date in 2014, since this account only has been opened in june 2023. why is the start date not reflecting my first transaction date for this specific investment account? and note, i am only requesting 'transactions' but the qif file is including other data such as older securities, activity, etc even tho not relevant for this investment account.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can change the start date to anything that you want.

RE:2014 .. do you have other accts that start then?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• gopackgo
    gopackgo Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. Yes, i have other accounts, varying start dates. My issue is i am requesting only a single investment account for the export for the qif file, but it is including other account data as well, with other securities in those accounts with their prices. What i am trying to get is a qif file, that is filtered only for the specific account selected, for the security list, and transactions. Why is other account data co-mingled into the qif file, not filtered for just the single account?

thanks, gpg

This discussion has been closed.