"Something is wrong with UI."

Options
jimshu1
jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭

A long story. I have a PNC Checking, Savings, and VISA accounts. The Checking and Savings connect currently with PNC with Direct Connect with no problems. I'm reading this might change mid-July.

Due to a new PNC credit card, I had spent hours troubleshooting my PNC Express Web Connect connection problem (Direct Connect doesn't work with PNC VISA cards) with both PNC and Quicken techs due to subject error on the PNC sign in page. I apologize for wasting their time!

This included wiping all browser data, installing new browsers, etc. Thank goodness I image my systems every day so I could easily restore back after all the damage I did troubleshooting!

This will probably not apply to many Quicken users, but I solved my problem myself after going through all of this troubleshooting.

I maintain a custom Windows HOSTS file at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\HOSTS. I returned to the original Windows default HOST file and the problem was solved.

The Windows HOSTS file is used to block all kinds of nasty websites. Unfortunately, it also blocked PNC's | Quicken's related sign in page!

Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
This discussion has been closed.