One Step Update - change user name for one of my accounts

Options
FMLM
FMLM Member

We use Quicken Deluxe/Windows 11.

Regarding One Step Update, I want to change the user name and password for one of our accounts. As best as I can tell, Quicken allows me to change a password but not a user name.

I don't want to "add a new account" using the updated user name/pw because 1) it will duplicate transactions already in Quicken and, 2) I will lose years of data since not all history will transfer if I add a new account.

Seems to me Quicken would allow this as people may choose to change user name info throughout the years for various reasons.

I sure will appreciate your help in resolving.

Thank you.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@fmlm - can you please very specific where you even see a 'user name' in one step update????? an account has a customer ID and a password. That customer ID is normally the username for your FI's website. you can certainly change that by hitting CNTL-A.

• FMLM
    FMLM Member
    Options

Hi Mark. Thank you for inquiring. I am happy to report that I clicking around on this site after I posted and there was a response to another post from Frank (I don't remember the exact user name). Anyway, his response was excellent and I fixed my Quicken issue.

His instructions were to deactivate the account and then reactivate it using my preferred login, choosing 'link existing account'. Perfect.

I will need to do this again for a different account and I will try your answer.

Thank you again.

This discussion has been closed.