Renaming Rules changed

Options
M  C
M C Member ✭✭

When selecting a new renaming rule, it no longer asks, "if contains" statement. It now just says:

Change Payee to:

Quicken will rename the downloaded payee:

What I am supposed to do with that?

I use a lot of the same stores but different location. For example, Grocery #1984, Grocery #7629, Grocery #5491, etc. I just want one memorized transaction that says Grocery.

Best Answer

• M  C
    M C Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

After your post, I decided to click around some more. Turns out it is now a drop down list so you chose "If payee contains" or "Quicken will rename…" Doesn't make sense to me, but at least I got it figured out. Maybe this will help others.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see what you mean and agree it is not at all clear what you are supposed to enter in the "Quicken will rename the downloaded payee" box.

I experimented with this and entered some text in the box.

It created a "If Quicken name is" rule. Maybe this change was intended to clarify what the rule will do, but they did not update the Help accordingly and I don't see any way to create a "If Payee contains" rule as in the past.

QWin Premier subscription
  • M  C
    M C Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

After your post, I decided to click around some more. Turns out it is now a drop down list so you chose "If payee contains" or "Quicken will rename…" Doesn't make sense to me, but at least I got it figured out. Maybe this will help others.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

OK I see it now, but the dropdown list is only available after you have created the rule and you select the condition.

This is not at all intuitive and completely inconsistent with the Help.

QWin Premier subscription
  • M  C
    M C Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree. I spent way too much time on it, BEFORE I requested help at this community. Hopefully others can get help sooner by seeing these posts. Thanks for your assistance.

This discussion has been closed.