Quicken Deluxe - Securities

Options
Caden
Caden Member
edited July 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I am new to Quicken and using Quicken Deluxe 2022. How do I add stocks to an investment account (with and without lots) and how do I correct that information if I input it incorrectly?

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

First, set-up the security via TOOLS, Security List, Add Security.

Then, in the Investment acct, do ENTER TRANSACTIONS, and use the dropdown menu to do ADD - SHARES ADDED

Each entry is one Lot

If you make a mistake, after saving the txn, double click the txn and the EDIT dialog will come up

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can tell it that it came from the same investment account. Then it will be a one sided entry and not come from anywhere.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

First, set-up the security via TOOLS, Security List, Add Security.

Then, in the Investment acct, do ENTER TRANSACTIONS, and use the dropdown menu to do ADD - SHARES ADDED

Each entry is one Lot

If you make a mistake, after saving the txn, double click the txn and the EDIT dialog will come up

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Caden
    Caden Member
    Options

Thank you! I needed a simple step by step instruction and you delivered! This same account has a MM or "cash account" with a balance at the beginning of my accounting period (not a new account). The program category that fits is "cash transfered into Account" but then wants me to tell it what account it came from. This cash existed in the account before I started quicken. How do I classify the cash?

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can tell it that it came from the same investment account. Then it will be a one sided entry and not come from anywhere.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is also an option to use a cash DEPOSIT transaction that does not require a source account.

This discussion has been closed.