Does Quicken store the Validate reports/logs?

Options
mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭

If yes, can someone tell me where to find them?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

%APPDATA%\Quicken\Log\DATA_LOG.TXT

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

or the slightly expanded version -

C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Roaming\Quicken\Log\

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have no idea what you're asking about. Can you provide more details, please?

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UKR

Quicken damaged a couple of accounts when I upgraded to 50.14. I ran Validate and I think it fixed them (not quite sure yet, seeing some odd behavior this morning). I want to go back and re-read the report that Validate generated, but it appears to have been overwritten when I ran Validate again to confirm all was well. I'm trying to find out if the Validate reports are stored and accessible in a Windows directory, and if so, where.

Does this clarify?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

%APPDATA%\Quicken\Log\DATA_LOG.TXT

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

or the slightly expanded version -

C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Roaming\Quicken\Log\

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Rocket J Squirrel @Ps56k2

Thanks. It was actually the OLD_LOGS file that contained the historical info.

Seems that the upgrade to 50.14 caused a bit of a mess:

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Repaired your data file by removing a damaged category. Please check your category list for missing categories by going to Tools>Category List.
    Quicken repaired Crate and Barrel Mastercard XXXXXX account. No action required.
    Quicken repaired damaged transaction index. No action required.

Summary:
    Quicken repaired 1 accounts. No action required.

Action actually was required. The damaged category caused a CITI banking account to disappear without a trace, which is why I ran Validate in the first place. Validate restored it by fixing the damaged category, but it needed to be renamed and re-linked to the online account. Seemed everything was OK last night, but I began getting CC501 errors from CITI this morning. At one point it connected (even thought I still got the 501 error), and Q created a copy of of the "lost" account. I deactivated/reactivated the original, hid the copy, then started getting CC800 errors. More machinations, and it all SEEMS ok now. We'll see.

Thanks again for your help.

This discussion has been closed.