Getting an error on a downloaded transaction (Q Mac)

Options
pstarfam
pstarfam Member ✭✭

Transactions from Northpointe Bank seem to have a red arrow- some kind of error. If I delete the transfer account- allowing it to be blank and then go back and enter it it again it resolves. But this is almost a daily occurrence - annoying. Any suggestions?

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Hi, pstarfam:

You didn't provide many details, including if "deleting the transfer account" means clearing out the Transfer field in that transaction (which I suspect) or if you delete an actual account AIO Loan.

That red arrow shows in the Transfer column when the transfer is being set to a non-existent account. In your screenshot, it appears that you don't have an account "AIO Loan" You might have a QuickFill/Renaming rule that is incorrectly flagging this transaction and marking it as a transfer to this non-existent account. I would check under Payees & Rules and adjust that rule accordingly.

This shouldn't be happening daily, though, unless you make daily payments on your loan which I suspect not.

Post back with more details, and if you use Mobile.

• pstarfam
    pstarfam Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks John, even with the poor info I shared you did give me some things to check out. I do have a AIO Loan account. It is a mortgage All-in-one loan, like a home equity loan. There are transactions at least weekly.

And your assumption was correct, to fix it I blank out the transfer fielder the transaction- letting it go empty/blank. Then I go back and enter AIO Loan in the transfer field- it finds a matching transaction and everything is good. But every time after downloading it shows up as an error. Thanks again for your help.

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Thanks for the update, pstarfam.

I don't know the source/destination accounts, either, so I don't know if that is messing with the results. But, I don't think that is as important here.

I am not sure if this is a renaming rule issue, or a problem with the program not matching transfer transactions. (I manually enter everything & Download to match, so I am not familiar with the matching process.)

I would try manually entering the next (expected) transfer transx beforehand and see if it autofills correctly.

Then, allow it to match to the download. (If the downloaded transaction doesn't match to what you manually entered, drag one atop the other to match & learn.

This discussion has been closed.