Missing budgets

Options

Updated to 50.15 from 50.14 this AM lost all budget data. Program wants to start new budget process. Should I restore and try the update again?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Michael Reavell,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Did this issue occur after updating your Quicken for Windows applications? Did you receive any error codes or messages? What exactly was occurring when you noticed this issue?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Michael Reavell
    Michael Reavell Member ✭✭
    Options

I am not sure if the issue started on the upgrade from 50.13 to 50.14 or from 50.14 to 50.15. A restored 50.13 has my budget information but a restored 50.14 from before the update to 50.15 does not. I received no error messages or error codes. The issue only appeared when I tried to run a budget report and got the message that I had not setup a budget yet. I have been using Quicken for more than 15 years and have had a budget in each and every year.

• Michael Reavell
    Michael Reavell Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been thinking about this problem and have come suspect that the file name has been corrupted or that the file name was changed in the updated software.

• Volunteer Mike
    Options

Same thing happened to me. How infuriating.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Michael Reavell and @Volunteer Mike,

Thank you for providing more information.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• amt606
    amt606 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

The budget feature is terrible. The former version worked much better. I would not renew my subscription for Quicken unless it fixes the bugs. After spending a lot of time preparing the 2023 budget, it has changed the numbers 3 times requiring me to correct the budget each time. [Removed - Rant]

This discussion has been closed.