Adding Attachment Deletes Transaction

Options
2»

Comments

• PhilipJD
    PhilipJD Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having the same problem - adding attachment on original entry deletes the entire transaction when saving the transaction. This has been going on since at least June of this year. It is NOT a minor problem. I concur with others that this should be a priority for Quicken.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PhilipJD You are right… it is not a minor problem. It is Quicken 101. It is a basic problem, but not minor one and is well documented. IMO when the basics are not functioning who cares about the latest & greatest! I run a smallrental business with Quicken and I use attachements alot. It is a requirement for me, quite frankly it is tax law, not a convenience.

• BarbOD
    BarbOD Member ✭✭
    Options

John A on Oct 1 nailed it - this problem of entering a transaction, saving it, and THEN having to go back to attach a related doc is a regression that Quicken created and they should make correcting it a priority. What kind of an update screws up features that always worked well?

And my second big problem: why are my attachments disappearing because I use OneDrive? I get "the specified file could not be found" message and Support told me it's because of OneDrive. I assume the same is happening to any of you using GDrive or iCloud? Quicken can't manage the cloud?

• JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good news, the problem seemed to have been fixed in the following way:

• Open an Administrator Command Prompt or PowerShell
    • Type the following commands in the shell:
    1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Reboot the system. If you get a blue screen, don't worry and let it restart.

1. sfc /scannow

Reboot the system and start Quicken.

Hope this procedure works for everyone. It seems to have been some time of snafu during either a Windows Update or Quicken update. This repair procedure should fix it.

• JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

» Good news, the problem seemed to have been fixed in the following way:

Wishful thinking on my part. It went away for a while but now it's back. You can ignore that last post.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JohnA Well darn!!! Thanks for trying!

• BarbOD
    BarbOD Member ✭✭
    Options

JohnA - Yes, thanks for trying! But this is Quicken's job, not yours! What are we paying for?

• JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good news, the problem seemed to have been fixed in the following way:

1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Reboot the system. If you get a blue screen, don't worry and let it restart.

1. sfc /scannow

Reboot the system and start Quicken.

Hope this procedure works for everyone. It seems to have been some time of snafu during either a Windows Update or Quicken update. This repair procedure should fix it.

• JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Double posts may cause confusion, For the record:

» Good news, the problem seemed to have been fixed in the following way:

Wishful thinking on my part. It went away for a while but now it's back. You can ignore that last post.

• JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Problem fixed in 53.16 - the release notes even mentioned it.

This discussion has been closed.