Normal accounts list flashes, then goes blank.

Options
LADave
LADave Member

For a business trip, I copied …QDF and …OFXLOG.DAT files to a flash drive. At the destination, I installed Quicken 2017 Deluxe from the original distribution disc, getting version R20.6, build 26.1.20.6. This was under Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, build 19045.3086. I also copied QDF and DAT files to a new folder underneath …\Documents\.

When I tried to open a file to work on, the usual opening view flashed briefly, followed by a (mostly) blank screen as below, which persists. How can I get to the account register views I need to work on?

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Hopefully someone using QW2017 will chime in, but as I recall, you have to manually install a copy of your .ini file from your working machine since old versions can't access the registration server anymore. Also, you need the last patch released for 2017.

• LADave
    LADave Member
    Options

Which .INI? there are five in \Program Files (x86)\Quicken. All are plain text, presumably editable with the Notepad accessory, however none of them reference my data (.QDF and .DAT) files, or passwords/security. There are no .INI files in the folder I set up for Quicken data.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

"C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI" ProgramData is a hidden folder.

It's the registration info that is lacking in a new install. The ini from your working machine install should allow you to set up the new install. I also believe you need to be updated to the latest patch for it to run. It may do that on its own. If not, you will need to find it elsewhere as I don't think Quicken posts it anymore. The link below is to a third party that maintains a patch history.

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

This discussion has been closed.