AGAIN - Quicken releases update R50.15 AND IT CONTINUALLY CRASHES

Options
Randy Storey
Randy Storey Member ✭✭

Yesterday, Quicken released R50.15 and I updated. Now every time I click the add attachment icon to a transactions it crashes. I relaunched and tried to submit use the Help > Report a Problem is fails.

I relaunched and bugs still occur.

I reinstalled and bugs still occur.

Does Quicken fully test these releases before deploying or do they function like a DevOps and push out updated immediately and deal with the issues as customers report them?

Quicken should give all customers a discount for having to deal with this poor development process.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What with all these crashes going on, it's quite likely that your Quicken data file has been damaged beyond the repair capabilities built into Quicken.

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring or taken prior to the latest software update. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• Randy Storey
    Randy Storey Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the assist. It turns out that my bi-weekly which is broken down in detail did not have categories for an FSA account and a 401k account. I think it occurred when I had an issue with the FSA and 401k account and I deleted them and recreated this. Would this cause the category to become blank?

• Randy Storey
    Randy Storey Member ✭✭
    Options

When I went in and correct the split data and entered the accounts for the missing FSA and 401k for the salary it messed up all of my checking account balances with major negative balances. Why would this happen?

This discussion has been closed.