Bills & Income display always defaults to 14 day Reminder (edit)

Answers

• binary512
    binary512 Member ✭✭✭

Another month…another simple fix just not a priority. Still not working.

• AllenK
    AllenK Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

And not only another month has passed without this being fixed, but I just received another Quicken Update (R52.33) this morning and the fix was again not addressed.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

It is unacceptable that Quicken continues to ignore the complaints about this issue without providing an update on when this will be resolved. Poor support for a product that we have to pay a subscription to use!

• srslechta
    srslechta Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Being a software developer myself, this seems like it should be a very easy fix. Not sure why it take Quicken so long to fix simple issues that are annoying a lot of people.

• brentgptx
    brentgptx Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

It has been several months since the Community Alert was updated. What is the latest on getting this issue fixed?

• Yes, very annoying that Quicken can't take the necessary time to fix this very small issue.

• jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

I'm fairly certain at this point that they intend to keep it. Either it's a limitation of the software or other reason. As mentioned previously, it's way too easy a fix to have been disregarded this long.

• AllenK

I received an e-mail from Quicken Anja saying, "RESOLVED 12/7/23
    This issue has been marked as resolved. However, this Alert will remain available for those who may still be experiencing this.

At least for me, this has not been resolved. I checked for new updates, there are none, and the problem persists. I am using version R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16. Set it to Due in 30 Days as I always had before this problem surfaced, closed the program, restarted it, and it reverts back to Due in14 Days as it has now for months. Perhaps it will resolve when the next update is pushed out but so far for me, it is not fixed.

• jbulldog13
    jbulldog13 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I am using version R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16. Now when I go to Bills & Income and set my Due in day to 30 and click every where and leave and come back to it, it is staying. I even went to other accounts and back and it still stays at 30. It is no longer going back to 14. I have just been using it today so hopefully it is actully working. I haven't rebooted my machine yet though LOL.

• jbulldog13

Yes you are correct only stays if you keep the application open. Once you close and get back it resets it back to 14.

• AllenK

Still using version R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16and as I reported yesterday. The switch from the unwanted Due in14 Days setting to the preferred Due in 30 Days one still did not survive the program restart. Figuring it would not, I decided to try installing the latest Mondo Patch. It made no difference at all. Still stuck with the Due in 14 Days setting. And attempting to get an updated version through the menus replies saying that I have the latest version. If they have, in fact, fixed this, it would have to follow an update of some kind. No update is yet available.

Clearly Quicken was more interested in rebranding their name and logo than fixing problem they caused.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

Terrible support for a product that requires an annual subscription!

• heycasey
    heycasey Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023

The attached thread indicates that the issue will be resolved in the next release. It looks like they've been tracking this under issue CTP-7072 since June. If you do a Google search on that issue ID, you'll see all the times this problem has been brought up in this community. FYI, that is a ticket ID for a program called Jira, which software developers use to track their work.

This was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I think we're seeing just how few software developers are working on the Quicken product. This issue is probably de-prioritized in favor of more "breaking" issues. For a program that has so many active annual subscriptions, it seems they're allocating the income to other products or other business efforts. Software developers for Quicken does NOT seem to be one of them. It should not take nearly 6 months for a bug in a commercial application to be fixed.

• heycasey
    heycasey Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Not long after I posted my last message, the attached post was just updated by Quicken to say that the issue is "REOPENED" and will be fixed in an upcoming release.

• AllenK

Well, here we go again! Another update from Quicken early this morning. Now on Version R53.26 Build 27.1.53.26. Interesting how the Version changed but not the Build. And still this long-standing problem where within Bills & Income I am stuck on "Due in 14 Days" instead of it maintaining, in my case, the preferred "Due in 30 Days" setting after making the change and restarting.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I just updated to R53.26. Didn't fix the problem…

Quicken Business and Personal-R58.14 Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• effjayess
    effjayess Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Just updated to R53.52 and the problem continues to occur.

Retaining and respecting a setting doesn't seem like it should be hard to fix. It's hard to understand why it's taking Quicken so long to correct this.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

Still broken for me as well

• AllenK

Confirmed that it is not yet fixed even after updating early this morning. More aggravating is that the problem was caused by Quicken in the first place. I can almost understand if this was merely a suggestion that they repeatedly fail to incorporate. Nope, Quicken broke it yet Quicken will not, or cannot, fix it.

• jbulldog13
    edited December 2023

I see the plan to increase the annual fee and still don't address the concerns of it subscribers. At what point does this get fixed?

• binary512
    binary512 Member ✭✭✭

Nine MONTHS and still not fixed because Quicken does not deem it worthwhile and refuses to listen to its customers.

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Quicken Windows 2017 Member ✭✭✭✭

It is truly hard to believe that this annoying issue (which should be a trivial fix) is taking so long.

The longer the issue goes unresolved the longer users will remember it. Letting this issue linger for so long is ridiculous. I've concluded that it is either lack of caring or general incompetence.

• Q97
    Q97 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

agree 100%

• binary512
    binary512 Member ✭✭✭

Confirmed this has been finally fixed in R56 on 4/29/2024.

Thank you.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

Yep! Finally fixed.

This discussion has been closed.