Separate tab for Forecasting bill reminders

Options

Hi, I am using Canadian Quicken and would like to see the following feature implemented.

When I create my KNOWN bills reminders, in which I have an exact amount to enter, I would like that to be in one tab or place and other bills and reminders that I just want to forecast be in another place.

Right now, if I make a bill reminder for $80.53 for my known monthly internet bill and I make a bill reminder for $40.00 for projected alcohol purchases, they are both listed in the same list under PROJECTED BALANCES → UPCOMING BILLS AND INCOME

I want the $80.53 known internet bill in one tab under the category KNOWN EXPENSES and for Forecasting another tab. These tabs (KNOWN AND FORECASTED) should also be available under each account that has been created as per screenshot:

So you have two tabs listed below. One for Downloaded Transactions and the other one which is Bill & Income Reminders.

You should have two tabs for BIll & Income Reminders.

Tab #1: Known Bill & Income Reminders

Tab #2: Projected Bill & Income Reminders

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you looked at the Projected Balances view under the Bills & Income tab?

With a little customization to the list of included accounts, this should show you your account registers and what the balance will look like in the near future.

OK, so it won't give you the requested breakdown into your two categories, Known and Projected, but it should give you a pretty good forecast.

And using all the Reminders you have currently defined, the Budget's Annual View should also give you a pretty good forecast, whether you're on budget or not. (Just make sure that Budget Actions / View options / Include reminders has been selected/checkmarked, to help with forecasting reminders as if they were actual income/expenses already)

• BigSpender69
    BigSpender69 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi UKR,

I already stated that I would like both in the register and the Projected Balances View to display both known and forecasted Bill, Income and Transfer Reminders.

So yes, I use that view on a daily basis.

I absolutely LOVE Quicken! I've been using it since the early 1990s and man what a super application this is!

The Include Reminders on the Budget Annual View has a few bugs that I've already opened tickets for by using the Report A Problem function.

Personally, I like the Projected Balances View - it is so !@#$% awesome!!!

LOVE the graph!!!