Investment Security name grayed out on Sell transactions when entering new record

Options
Craig S
Craig S Member ✭✭

Noticed recently that when entering Investment security sell transactions that the Security name is grayed out (low intensity visibility). Makes it difficult to read/verify when entering new transactions.

Data appears normal in register after sell transaction saved.

Do not see this issue when entering other transaction types (i.e. Dividends, Misc. Expenses, etc.). Believe this was a recently added change…

Using Quicken for Mac 13.4.1

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

13.4.1 is the version of macOS. What version of Quicken are you using?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It would help if you told us the name of the security.
    And what is the Security Type, as entered into the security definition in Quicken? It should be Stock, Mutual Fund or other applicable type, but never "Market Index". This specific type is reserved for true Indexes like Dow Jones, S&P 500, etc.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

To clarify, it sounds like while the name is grayed out, this did not prevent you from choosing it. Is that correct?

A picture is worth a thousand words. How about posting a screenshot showing what you're seeing?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Craig S
    Craig S Member ✭✭
    Options

Addition details that I should have included in the original post (sorry)…

The security type was a Stock (existing stock that I have been invested in for some time - not a new stock).

Also using "Dark mode" on my desk top which does in fact make a difference. Security name is not an issue when running in Light mode.

The issue does not prevent me from proceeding… It's just that the security is difficult to read when trying to confirm my data entry.

Mac OS 13.4.1

Quicken Premier Version 7.1.2 (Build 701.49356.100)

For Sell transactions:

For other transactions types (ex. Buy, Dividends, etc.) the name appears normal in Dark mode…

This discussion has been closed.