New Update, New Problems

Options

Why does every update bring a new set of problems to Quicken? I cringe everytime I see that I have a new update.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

anything NEW and specific ?

which update - ….. Help —> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Frustrated in Texas
    Options

Sorry, I know I was vague. It is out of frustration. The update was R50.15. After this update my Barclay account "appeared to have been deleted." I had to go through the steps of actually removing it and adding it back.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some suggestions are to raise the Windows Security level of User Access Control (UAC) to help stop Quicken from auto-installing any updates without prompting you for permission…

I personally run Windows as a "Limited User" vs "Admin" so I don't accidently install, or let install - anything I don't authorize -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I must be doing something wrong then … none of the recent series of updates have caused me any problems … yet. Maybe I shouldn't even write this or think about it, in case Mr. Murphy hears me and comes "to lend a hand". 😀

If, after installing an update, something appears to have happened to your Quicken data file … instead of spending time trying to fix the file problem I recommend an immediate fallback to the most recent backup taken just prior to installing the update. There should be one in the Automatic Backup folder containing "Rxx.xx" (the prior release number) as part of the backup file name. Alternatively, check both your Automatic and Manual Backup folders for the most recently taken backup, restore it and check if the problem persists.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

P.S.:
    IMHO, you should not decide to install a software update immediately when prompted, especially if you have just spent a lot of time working with Quicken and making changes. First backup your data file, restart Quicken, click Help / Check for Updates and let the software update run. That should be safer to the health of your data file.

• Stan-Gspeedy
    Stan-Gspeedy Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the "accounts appear to have been removed" problem as well as other new problems. Quicken is getting scary.

This discussion has been closed.