Is there an easy way to see all the investment accounts that have a specific stock (Q Mac)

Options
kellison
kellison Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Investing (Mac)

I have 13 different investment accounts. I own Apple in at least 3 of them. I would like to sort the investment screen by stock, then click on a stock to see all the accounts that make up the total number. In Quicken Windows, I was able to do that, but in Quicken Mac, when I click on the stock, it just gives 3 choices (edit security, edit price or security overview which takes me to a website). Am I missing how to see this information or is it not available yet? If the latter and there is a link to vote on this, please share the link for voting. It would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• kellison
    kellison Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I figured it out! I couldn't figure out how to delete my question, so here is the answer for anyone else looking.

blob:https://community.quicken.com/8d31477b-5d57-43d9-949e-a0884cdc0ec4 There was an error displaying this embed.

Then add Account to the column view and expand the arrow to the left of the stock.

blob:https://community.quicken.com/b1947e79-4f04-4db7-a3f7-3602b79b92eb There was an error displaying this embed.

• tonyfrog
    tonyfrog Member ✭✭
    Options

I cannot open the link above; can you tell me what they are saying?

• tonyfrog
    tonyfrog Member ✭✭
    Options

Your question relates to a very important feature that I can't find in Quicken for Mac (it was available in an earlier version of the product). For example, I hold healthcare investments in multiple accounts, and these investments are individual stocks, mutual funds, closed end funds, ETFs, etc. How can I see a single report with all my healthcare holdings?

• kellison
    kellison Member ✭✭
    Options

I went to the investment page, then Portfolio and selected to view the list by Security. Then you can click the arrow by the security and see the accounts it belongs in. This does not show the the summary of total shares of each stock in each account, but it lists the transactions and you can scan it to see what accounts it is in. I would like to see total number of shares by account, if that's possible.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This does not show the the summary of total shares of each stock in each account… I would like to see total number of shares by account, if that's possible.

If you toggle the filter from "By Security" to "By Account", you can click the ">" arrow next to each account name to see the security holdings in each account, complete with numbers rof shares, market value, gain/loss, etc.

It's not perfect; I agree it would be nice if the "By Security" view offered a way to see the holdings subtotaled by account under the security total, but switching to the "By Account" view lets you see the data you want. (It would help if they added an "Expand All" button so you don't have to open each account individually, even though it takes only a few seconds.)

Another option: with the Portfolio set to view By Account, click Export to CSV (you do not need to open each account to show the detail) and open in a spreadsheet of your choice; then you can do a two-level sort by security and by account.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.