Quicken syncing BofA transactions to wrong account

Options
Fifer
Fifer Member

Despite the fact that the downloaded updates from my BofA checking account clearly state within them the correct account number and type (I've confirmed this by opening the STMT file in TextEdit), Quicken insists on adding the transactions to my savings account in Quicken. Is there a way to get Quicken to behave itself and do this correctly?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Fifer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. First, verify which account Quicken sees connected to your savings account. To do that, click on that savings account, then go to Accounts>Settings. On the Downloads tab, it should show you information about which account is connected. If the information does not match your savings account (for example, the last 4 digits are for the wrong account), then you will want to backup your quicken file, deactivate the account, then go to Accounts>Add Account and follow the prompts to reconnect the account (being careful to ensure it is seeing the correct account to link to).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.