Apple Savings QFX file will not import

Options
Zoolook
Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta

Hi - I have an Apple Savings Account along with an Apple Credit Card (both are Goldman Sachs). Quicken doesn't support direct download, but both the Apple Savings and Apple Credit card accounts offer a QFX formatted download at the end of the month when the statements are ready.

Both Quicken Windows and Quicken for Mac import the Credit Card QFX file with no issues. However the Savings account can only be imported to Quicken Mac. On Quicken Windows there is an error message upon import of the file (attached). This has been an issue for the last two month. Current Quicken version is R50.15 running on Windows 11 (all latest updates).

Tagged:

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Zoolook

Please take a look at the guidance provided at this LINK. It indicates that the problem is most likely related to the file being provided by the FI and is not a problem with the Quicken application. They suggest that you contact the financial institution (i.e. Apple Savings) for assistance with this error code.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Zoolook
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Frankx I'm not sure Apple will know much about Quicken error codes, particularly on Windows. Also as I said above, this file imports just fine into Quicken for Mac, and also YNAB for that matter - I've opened it and it looks like a valid QFX file. The only application with an issue with this file is Quicken on Windows.

Also there was no link in your post.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again @Zoolook,

Sorry about the link - here's another try at that: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-ol-220-ol-221-ol-222-ol-223-ol-224-ol-225-or-ol-226-when-using-online-services

If you do decide to contact Apple Bank about this issue, I suggest that you share the above with their technical folks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JW1
    JW1 Member
    Options

typical quicken blame the bank

• Zoolook
    edited July 2023
    Options

I contacted Apple Support, who put me in contact with GS, who told me the QFX file adheres to the standard. Again, [Removed - Disruptive], this works with Quicken Mac, not with Quicken Windows. So either QW has an issue, or QM can read non-standard QFX files in a way QM cannot. [Edited - Readability]

This discussion has been closed.