Beginning balances change and issues downloading

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Reset Accounts and now old Transactions Keep Downloading.

Comments

• TechMom
    TechMom Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem for me only it is resetting beginning balances as well. One of my checking accounts was $100,000 off due to a random amount showing up as a beginning balance in 2007. Happens to any of the accounts but not all, no pattern. Agree, HUGE problem! Taking days to re-balance the accounts and I'm only partway done. Now it won't run the download at all. So the "Slow update" is still a problem! I've tried all of the suggestions in these posts and talked to your support people over the phone for many hours. Nothing works.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @TechMom,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did you first notice this issue? Is there any pattern to when the balances are changing (such as happening after an account reset or after disconnecting/reconnecting an account)? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TechMom
    TechMom Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes I have had this problem on and off with no apparent pattern or consistency with any and all accounts for the past 2-3 years. I have followed all of the instructions when you posted alerts about CitiBank, Chase, Capital One, American Express and Pentagon Federal. Sometimes those solutions worked. But for the past 6 months I have continued to have multiple problems. It appears that old transactions always download for all accounts whenever I reset an account. Then I go through and try to determine which are the duplicates. On 6/19/23 and again on 06/29 your associates helped me reset the database and when I reconnected all the accounts, they downloaded everything for the past 15 years. I had archived my database for any transactions prior to 01/01/2010, but transactions from earlier still downloaded for the accounts that were in existence and entered into different accounts for any related to accounts now closed. The software then entered a balancing transaction but those were also incorrect. The errors were not limited to any particular banks or institutions. I spoke to some colleagues who also use Quicken. Those with the Windows version have also had problems. Those with the MAC version have not.

I was using a database on my local drive, thinking that would be better and then backing up to my One Drive. But I noticed today that when your associate copied my database on 06/29/2023, she put the working file in the backup folder on the One Drive. Everything I have done since then has taken an extraordinary amount of time to download or sync and now seems to crash Quicken if I try to download any transactions. I am currently restoring a backup from last night (which represents days of correcting data and re-balancing every account from their online data) which I placed into the C: drive. Hopefully that will keep the working file on the local drive. But it has been syncing with the Cloud now for about 30 minutes and is still working. I was planning to call tomorrow since the downloading still does not appear to work correctly. Please contact me privately if you wish to discuss. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.