Adding 12 and 24 month view option to "Portfolio Value" card in the Home Dashboard

Options
Chuck56
Chuck56 Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements

It would be a nice add to allow users to have the option to see 12 and 24 month views of their portfolio history on the Portfolio Value card on the Home dashboard..

9 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim McLaughlin
    Jim McLaughlin Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    Options

The only options don't include a 12-month view. There's "last year" and "year to date", but that's not right or enough.

[Merged Post]

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Excellent suggestion,expecially for last 12 months (the last 12 months option is already included in net worth so why not here if only for UI consistentcy?)

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• tbuendorf
    tbuendorf Member
    Options

I'd like to see this on the Income & Expense view as well.

• Chuck56
    Chuck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

When I suggested this enhancement below, I just want to clarify. I would like to see a "rolling" 12 and 24 month view added and the existing 6 month view changed to "Rolling". Currently the 6 month view is for 6 month prior as of the end of the previous month.

It would be a nice add to allow users to have the option to see 12 and 24 month views of their portfolio history on the Portfolio Value card on the Home dashboard..

• dwormuth
    dwormuth Member ✭✭
    Options

Please do this ASAP!

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think all the new Dashboard cards are significantly lacking in customization capabilities; something I hope Quicken will ultimately rectify. 

And while I agree with the suggestion here that the specific new date ranges would be valuable, I would prefer to see something better than the preset ranges currently in use in virtually all Quicken Customize dialogs. As long as new date ranges are needed in Dashboard cards, why not take the opportunity to cover as many choices for as many situations as possible.

In particular, for the 2 date ranges that are the subject of this discussion, I would prefer to see a single date range choice, with variables that would replace the fixed "quantities" and "periods" currently used.

My suggestion is to replace all those current hard-coded date-range choices with just one choice - in this form:  Last n p.

Where "n" is any number from 2 through the maximum number allowed. And "p" is the period description - which could be "days", "weeks", "months", "quarters", or "years". The period description choices could appear in a dropdown.

So for example, to get the date ranges requested in this discussion, the user would replace "n" with either "12" or "24" and replace "p" with "months".

But another user might want to see the "Last 36 months" or "Last 5 years"; which the above construct would easily permit.

Hopefully all Home tab widgets and cards, and all reports and other displays, would offer the same construct (where applicable).

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chuck56
    Chuck56 Member ✭✭
    Options

JP, nice improvement idea to my suggestion. I like it.