I am having a problem with changing a budget category amount.

Options
Tom2
Tom2 Unconfirmed ✭✭

I am having a strange problem with one of my budget category amounts. I am using Quicken Premier, Version R50.16, Build 27.1.50.16.

The problem started with this year's July budget, since July 1. The budget category (Mobile Phone) was previously $93.82, changed to $94.00 in July. When I tried to change the amount in the budget, it won't change. I have to zero it out and then enter the 93.82. All looks good and everything is fine when I run the monthly budget.

Seems the next time a run the budget the amount has reverted back to 93.82 and my budget is out of balance by $.18. Has happened repeatedly.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you syncing to the cloud for Q Mobile or Q on the Web?
    Try turning off Sync and resetting it. Let's see if that keeps the budget from magically changing …

• Tom2
    Tom2 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options

That seems to be the wizardry. I turned sync off and updated, no change. I turned sync back on and its back to the old amount. I went into the mobile app (which I rarely do) and poked around in the budget…it showed the new amount! I synced again (the app was open) and it messed up my budget in Quicken, lost all the changes I had made this month.

Not sure if there's a fix, but I am not a fan of the mobile app at all so have turned sync off and don't plan to use it again.

Thanks for this.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

… and now all we can do is to keep Sync off until the programmers but a band aid on the Sync Budget process …

This discussion has been closed.