Problems with adding TD Ameritrade Accounts

Options
dpm8906
dpm8906 Member ✭✭

Have been a Quicken Windows user for years. I have several TD Ameritrade Advisor Client accounts but am unable to make the connection to add these accounts to Quicken. I have made several attempts even using a new Test file. Usernames and passwords confirmed multiple times. Have also tried using the account numbers rather than the site password. I keep getting the same error message as shown attached. Need some help here.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @dpm8906,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Have you attempted to reach out TD Ameritrade for further assistance? It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• dpm8906
    dpm8906 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the reply. Yes I spoke with a supervisor. We discussed the steps I was using to add the accounts and they confirmed that was correct. They suggested I reach out to Quicken for resolution.

• dpm8906
    dpm8906 Member ✭✭
    Options

My accounts are Advisor Clien type accounts

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @dpm8906,

Thank you for providing more information.

When attempting the test file, did you receive the same message regarding incorrect credentials?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• dpm8906
    dpm8906 Member ✭✭
    Options

The same message was received using my actual file as well as the test file

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @dpm8906,

Thank you for providing more information.

Due to the nature of this error message and the same issue occurring in the test file as well as the main file. You will need to reach out to TD Ameritrade for further assistance as this indicates and issue with the way that they are sending information through their servers. Quicken does not have access to these servers, therefore Quicken cannot correct this issue. As mentioned before, it is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications.

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think Advisor Client accounts are actually TD Ameritrade accounts. The Advisor Client accounts are setup with your financial advisor and accessed through your financial advisor's web site. Yes, your financial advisor has invested you with TD Ameritrade, but the credentials are for your adivsor's web site and not TD Ameritrade. I haven't, but I think you would need to talk to your financial advisor for insight as to how to access your account(s) via Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.