Quicken on the Web exposes personal accounts !!! (edit)

Options
Adele Dreyer
Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Using Quicken on the Web

Installed a new purchased edition of Quicken Deluxe on my Mac!

Signed in with the dedicated password on app.Quicken.com.

And there!!! on the left !!! were my Hidden accounts from my Investments on my "other" Quicken program which somehow got accessed. The column said: "Hidden" and then exposed the total dollar amount I have at Fidelity!

The QUICKEN HELP was CLUELESS. The guy tried this, tried that… (shared screen)…totally walked me through his efforts to problem solve for over an hour!! I finally screamed, Get me a supervisor. "Mynor" came on. Equally clueless. But he recognized it was UNSOLVABLE.

Conclusion: Getting my money back for the new Quicken purchase. Mynor is sending some data over to the developers that they need to fix this BUGGGGGER!

SO, my purpose, to serve a Charitable organization serving a library, and allow Board to see cash flow, …… Back to zero.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your Quicken ID / password is tied to the Quicken Cloud which has links to those accounts created in your desktop software.
    That's the whole point of the Quicken Cloud and the companion software - Quicken on the Web and the Quicken Mobile App -

https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Adele Dreyer
    Adele Dreyer Member ✭✭
    Options

I use Quicken personally yes. But I want a firewall between my personal data and the data of an entirely separate charitable organization for which I serve as Treasurer. I don't want my investment accounts showing up in any way. I need a totally separate online account for folks on the Board to access to follow cash flow. But my investments show up (Hidden: and then the total dollar amount visible).

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

easy …,just create a new and different Quicken QDF file - you can create several QDF files … just like MS Word and creating DOC files

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

You mentioned in the OP that this was a newly purchased copy of Quicken. I'm assuming that it was purchased by the library board or on its behalf. At that point a new Quicken ID for the library board should have been registered and a new QDF with the library financials created. The mistake was creating a data file using your personal Quicken ID.

This discussion has been closed.