File download types that will import into Quicken

Options
J Mark
J Mark Member ✭✭

I notice more and more of my credit card and investment accounts do not offer the QFX file transfer type that one can use to download into quicken. However PDF and Excel are offered. Is there a way one can use those two types to download into quicken. It seems these institutions are blaming quicken for taking the tool away and Quicken is blaming the institution. Since downloading transactions is the main reason for my subscription along with support, this issue should be addressed more aggressively to retain long time Quicken customers such as myself.

Free thinker from the Land of Enchantment. The best things in life are free🎻

Comments

• shiphotos
    shiphotos Member
    Options

I suffer the same. Until two weeks ago both Bank of America and BMO Harris accounts were downloadable. Not now. Key Bank and BMO both work fine. This is most annoying.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

AFAIK, all banks that recently have converted from Direct Connect still offer transaction download using One Step Update with Express Web Connect (or EWC+). That means, you can get your new transactions, but you can't get transactions older than what their server offers (typically up to 90 days on the first download).

Switch over from QFX file downloading and importing to One Step Update downloading. Barring any other unforeseen issues with your Quicken file or system installation, this should give you your new transactions every day.

This discussion has been closed.