Cannot 'Quicken Connect' to Empower on Quick Mac Subscription

Options
Joshua B
Joshua B Member
  • I have an Empower Retirement account at: (https://participant.empower-retirement.com/)
  • I can access my Empower Retirement account online through Empower's web application
    • At the site, I can download a QFX file which gives me a quarterly view of the account
    • Quicken loads this data, nut is unable to manage the "cash" details of the account making this become more manaul to update
      • I do not want to use this option
  • I cannot do the same, with the same credentials, in Quicken Mac Subscription to the to Empower Retd. - 401k via Quick Connect: (https://participant.empower-retirement.com/)

Some more details

• I am aware in the past Empower disabled the use of Quicken, and you needed to down load the QFX file.
  • Up until about a month or two ago, I was able to use the above option to access the account
  • I have used this number (1-844-804-8989) to leave a message last week. The Empower team was unaware of a problem.

At this point, a sanity check from people who can get Quick Connect to work, or is this connection deprecated again to QFX download only.

Comments

• Joshua B
    Joshua B Member
    Options

For posterity, I did call Empower - and got to a technical service rep, who did say as of JUL 2023, Empower was working on their MFA tooling for 3-party applications, which might be part of the reason for problem.

I can say that I have been having the issue a bit longer. I also deleted out the UN/PW in the Keychain.

• smulloo
    smulloo Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey Joshua - This isn't much help, but perhaps the Quicken folks will take notice. I just called empower and they told me it was a Quicken issue. My 401k transferred over from MassMutual and it has been a manual process from the start to get the data. I was hoping the new firm would be an improvement.

• Joshua B
    Joshua B Member
    Options

Thanks for the share, the information is helpful. I know integration issues have happened (like MassMutual) in the past, based on some threads on the forum (in addition to Empower flipping their connection with Quicken to use MFA, and QuickConnect).

The most difficult part is ownership on either end, calling a help desk isn't the dev teams working on it. So its a bit opaque.

This discussion has been closed.