Quicken cannot connect with America First Credit Union

Options

Quicken gets an error OL-293A when connecting with America First Credit Union. Can you investigate what is the problem? I don't have any clue how to find out more information about it. FYI, I checked my account and my password worked fine when I enter through the web to AFCU.

Comments

• Terry520
    Terry520 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have 4 different account logins with America First. All 4 are failing to connect with no error code. This just happened on July 8, 2023. I opened a new Quicken file and attempted to connect and got the same response An error has occurred flashing on the screen and then the One Step Update is Complete window appears.

• Mntsnow
    Mntsnow Member ✭✭
    Options

I too am now having this issue since this past Friday

• Mntsnow
    Mntsnow Member ✭✭
    Options

I finally went into my Quicken and deactivated the account(s) for this problem and then closed out of Quicken and then restarted Quicken and was able to successfully re-setup the connection for these accounts.

I do see that the connection type has changed from what it had been so I am going to guess that Quicken & AFCU has changed the process but that is upsetting that there was no prior communication…….

• DerekCutler
    DerekCutler Member ✭✭
    Options

Any update regarding this issue? I don't to deactivate and re set-up a bunch of accounts. Thanks Mntsnow for finding a work around.

• DerekCutler
    DerekCutler Member ✭✭
    Options

For Quicken Mac Subscribers:

Deactivate (Account Settings > Downloads > Disconnect Account),

Close Quicken,

Re-Open Quicken,

*Ensure that you are not logged in to an alternate AFCU session on a browser.

Use the Quicken Connect option when reestablishing your connection.

Hope this saves you some headaches

Venmo: @DerekCutler

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I only update my accounts once a week and noted the same issue on July 8 as Landlord625's initial post above (OL-293A). Waited a day to see if the problem would resolve itself - it did not.

With nothing to lose, today (July 9) I "deactivated" and "reactivated" my 6 AFCU accounts in Quicken and the problem now appears fixed. Note that you must deactivate each AFCU account separately (checking, savings, credit card, loans, etc.), but you only need to initiate the reactivation for a single AFCU account in Quicken and you will be given the opportunity to re-link all remaining AFCU accounts to your existing Quicken AFCU accounts (the other AFCU accounts will automatically be reactivated once they are re-linked during the initial reactivation process).

My reactivation did not go flawlessly. At first, Quicken had an issue with the initial reactivation. I was given the option to Try Again, which I chose, and the reactivation worked the second time. I was then presented with a CC-505 error code for each of my 6 AFCU accounts listed. Again, I chose Retry/Fix It (cannot remember which option was presented) and I was then able to then re-link the accounts Quicken downloaded from AFCU with my existing accounts already in Quicken. All 6 AFCU accounts now update trouble-free once again.

I also read Mthsnow's post above, who did the same deactivation/reactivation successfully also. I too noted that the connection type is different than previously. And as Mtnsnow also commented, obviously, something was updated between Quicken and AFCU and it would have been nice to receive a "heads-up" from either party.

• jharle
    jharle Member ✭✭
    Options

I came here to chime in, I too began having Quicken sync problems with AFCU on Friday, July 7th. I usually perform two syncs a day…once in the morning, and once in the evening. We have two AFCU accounts, each with multiple sub-accounts.

I left things alone until last night, when I cleared all of the online setups in the sub-accounts…and then set them up again. That was successful, and I noticed the connection types changed from "Direct Connect" to "Express Web Connect."

This evening, sync errors were generated for both accounts again. I just went through the same process to clear and set them up again. Now, the connection types have changed back to "Direct Connect." However, only one of the two AFCU accounts is syncing successfully; for one of them I keep getting "OL-301-A Your financial institution has rejected your request." For that account, I can clear it and set up again…and it finds the sub-accounts and confirms a successful setup. But then, syncing again generates the OL-301-A again. I've done this twice now…giving up on it until tomorrow morning, and will likely be calling AFCU to ask what's going on.

• jharle
    jharle Member ✭✭
    Options

Just to follow-up on my last…the OL-301-A was occurring on the second account, because it was trying to sync with a checking account which is no longer active. I cleared the online service on that specific sub-account, and the remaining are syncing successfully now.

This discussion has been closed.